Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Mail, Bee Blocks and a Completed WIP!

Lookie what came in the mail yesterday!

"los novios" fq from Jessy for the SMS fq swap

It's "los novios" from Alexander Henry and I wasn't expecting it at all.  I *might* have squealed when I opened the envelope.  It came from one of my partners in the Sew, Mama, Sew! fat quarter swap.  I am absolutely in love with this fabric.  It's so bright and wonderful and just a little bit crazy and something that I've admired from afar but would probably never actually buy for myself.

Now to decide exactly what to do with it...

I also managed, despite having had a really busy day with Richard and Bug, getting my June block finished for the Quilt Block Swap.  Or "blocks", rather.  My partner requested a log cabin in batiks.

Jan's Block #1 - June 2010

I liked the way the first block turned out (and Richard said it might be his favorite yet - wow), but I wasn't convinced that it looked terribly log cabin-ish.  So I put together a second block.

Jan's Block #2 - June 2010

I hope that one of them will suit her needs!

Then, I actually finished the secret, wonky green log cabin project!  Yay!  I'm terribly excited about it, but don't want to show pictures and give up the surprise just yet.

Perhaps just a sneak peek...

Back view sneak peek

There are also two outings that I want to blog about, but I think they deserve their own posts.  And no way is Bug going to let me get into that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment