Saturday, May 28, 2011

Putting the Kids to Work: Craft Hope, Project #12: Orphan Outreach

Thanks to Deb over at Works In Progress, I discovered Craft Hope.

I've been looking for an organization like Craft Hope.  There are many days that I'm reminded that, as little as it feels like we have some times, as tight as our budget might be, we are SO SO SO very lucky to have the lives that we have here.  And I like the idea of being able to share...something...with someone else who might need it.  I can't donate large funds, but I can make stuff with my hands and my heart.

Enter Craft Hope.

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

For their Project #12, they're sending bracelets to Russian orphans.  I can make bracelets.  Bug can make bracelets.  My niece and nephew can make bracelets.

So I picked up a big bin of beads and some elastic cord (which I had, but not much of) on my way over to hang out at Mom's today.  Bug and I gave them a trial run and I think that we have a stunning Memorial Day craft. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment