Monday, August 23, 2010

More Books

We took another trip to the library today, this time with Richard and Boo.  Much busier today, but we got there with the after-school crowd.  It was still really comfortable though, and with Richard there we were able to take turns alternately reading and playing in the children's section and looking for books for ourselves.  Nice.

I picked up three more books. 

Candide, by Voltaire.  Because the last time I read it I was sixteen and it was in French.  I'm fairly certain that my comprehension will be better this time around.  (When I showed it to Richard he asked "In English?"  If he thinks I could still get through it in French, I'm REALLY doing a good job of pretending that I remember anything I learned in school.)

Someplace to be Flying, by Charles de Lint.  Largely because I haven't read anything by him yet.

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, by Jane Austin and Ben H Winters.  Because...c'mon.  I fully expect this book to be made of win.

Now to decide what to read.  I have too many options.

No comments:

Post a Comment