Friday, December 10, 2010

A Birthday Skirt

I have so  much to blog about that it's not even funny...  But I'll tackle it one post at a time, yes? :)

Nearly two weeks ago now, my niece turned three.  She is a sweet, amazing, smart, beautiful little girl and I wanted to give her a really amazing gift.  Lucky for me, even though she's discovered Disney's Princesses, she also tends to be a fan of NON-Disney stuff.  She also loves purple.  A lot.

I went around and around trying to decide what to do, and kept coming back to a t-shirt that I'd set aside to "do something cool with"...but I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  At not-quite-the-eleventh hour, I decided to make her a skirt.  It was remarkably simple and went together super fast.

It was cute...but lacking something.  So I appliqued a little flower on the hem.  I free-handed the flower (which was scary as crap to do on a finished garment), and was really happy with how it turned out.

G's 3rd Birthday Skirt

The applique is finished, but rough on the edges so it'll fray a bit in the was and with wear.
G's 3rd Birthday Skirt Detail

I haven't heard yet if she liked it or not.  (But I enjoyed it so I'll probably be making some more anyway. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment