Friday, May 7, 2010

Potholders, Done

Hrm...somehow I had the deadline for the Stitch In Dye potholder swap wrong and thought there was still a little time before mailing day.  Turns out I was wrong.  But I also finished them up in time, and so now they're on their way to Kelly.  I hope that she likes them!


A back view:


I chose the pink binding to make the pink in the floral on the front pop a bit more.  Somehow, that's not showing up very well in the photograps.  It looks better on the back, I think.

Also, while the binding DID eventually decide to cooperate with me, I ended up going back and adding a few layers of crazy zig-zag stitching over the edge.  Hopefully it looks like it was done on purpose - since it was - and not like I just gave up and decided to get the binding on however I could.  Always kind of a fear when I decide to do something like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment