Sunday, September 5, 2010

Library, Part I

It's just after 2pm, but we're planning to head off to the library.  Soon.  Assuming that we can get Bug into clothes.  (He's having an "I want to be naked!" day.  With his newly updated cloth diaper stash, he's been enjoying running about in colorful pants and nothing else.)

I've been feeling a little guilty about the reading that I haven't done, but I'm putting those feelings away right now.  I've started on Persuasion, though I've been reading Bug's books more often.  As it should be, I suppose. :)  I've also been reading a few cookbooks of Mom's, and I don't feel that that's wasted time at all.  But the library books and impending due dates are starting to stress me out a little bit, so I'm just going to drop any feelings of failure and take most of them back.  I'm planning to keep Candide and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters for a little longer.

The plan for today is to look into some non-fiction, since fiction is feeling a tiny bit frivolous right now.  A friend turned me onto Friedensreich Hundertwasser, so I thought I'd see if I could find any books on him.  And hopefully something on the Gee's Bend quilts.  (Which is where the other conversation began.)  I was able to see the Gee's Bend exhibit when it went through Houston a few years ago and it was AMAZING.  I didn't have much appreciation for quilting at the time and (although I'm ashamed to admit it) wasn't expecting much.  It completely blew me away.  I could have gone to see them a thousand times and still been awed.

Here's hoping we come back with some awesome stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment